5-6 Servings servings
- 4 cups water
- 10 ounces farro (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 tsp salt (plus more, to taste)
- 1 lb tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup corn, cooked
- 1/2 red onion, diced fine
- 1/4 cup fresh scallion, cut at an angle
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 lg garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Step 1 : Combine the water and farro in a medium saucepan with 2 tbsp salt. Bring to a boil over high heat.
Step 2 : Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the farro is tender (about 30 minutes)
Step 3: Drain well then transfer to a large bowl to cool completely
Step 4 : Add diced tomatoes, onion, corn, chives and parsley into the cooled farro and gently combine
Step 5 : In a medium bowl, whisk together the garlic, vinegar, salt, pepper and olive oil. Add the vinaigrette to the salad an toss to coat.
Step 6 : Serve room temperature (Note: Can be refrigerated overnight)
Note: You can add sliced cucumbers or some crumbled feta to brighten up the dish!